Part of running a successful business is forming connections, such as among LinkedIn!
You must be able to connect with clients, potential clients, and even other professionals in your field. Not only are you marketing your business, but you are marketing yourself. You will need to show your professionalism, passion, dedication to your business, and allow others to bond with your image.
There are plenty of sites that can connect you with others, such as LinkedIn. This is a trusted site that allows many professionals of various fields to establish themselves in the business world. Those who view your LinkedIn profile will get their first impression from your photo. Everything from your clothing to your smile will have an influence on how they see you. A good first impression will help others feel comfortable to contact you.
It’s crucial that you present yourself professionally among LinkedIn! That’s why we have gathered five tips for having professional LinkedIn headshots captured, so that you can showcase the right image for your own profile. If you would like to discover what these tips are, be sure to continue reading:
- Why Have Headshots? We do a lot to create a good physical identity. However, we all have a digital ID too. Many people are searching the internet for professionals before they ever even step into a building. This means that you have to introduce yourself in the best way possible before you even meet your clients. A charming headshot will certainly create a more familiar online image for your clients.
- The Basics of a Headshot. A headshot is a photo of you, from the shoulders up. So, what do you really need for your photo session? From your clothing to your beauty details, aim for simple, clean, and professional. After all, you will want to present yourself professionally, and allow your potential clients to have confidence in you and your business.
- Renewing Your Image. Do you already have a professional photo? If so, you will need to know how long until you will need to renew it. Headshots are usually good for a year. A lot can happen in a year, so be sure to keep a current image online. Keeping your headshots up-to-date will show that you are serious about your business and care about your profession.
- Forming a Connection. Before you get to shake hands with your clients, they will have already made a connection with you. Seeing the details in your photo, such as your inviting smile, happy eyes, and professional demeanor, will allow them to become more familiar with you before they have even met you. This will assist others will building trust with you as a business professional.
- How to Be Comfortable. Being shy in front of a camera can make your photo session a little more difficult. Choosing a photographer that you trust and can connect with can ease any fears you may have. When you choose the right photographer, they can create a calm and fun atmosphere. You will forget that you were ever shy in front of the camera.
If you want to present a professional and quality headshot, these tips are sure to help! You can make wonderful and successful connections, and it all starts with your photo.