Having your portrait captured is a creative way to preserve a special moment in time!
No matter the occasion, whether it be senior photos, an engagement, updating family photos, or a significant life event, portraits are a great option for preserving your memories.
Are you planning a portrait photo session? If so, you should be ready to have your portraits captured in a style and fashion that speaks to you. Planning your photo session will ensure that you receive images that you are happy with and that you will be proud to display.
If you need a little inspiration or direction for creating your portrait photo session, we have plenty to share! It’s important to know where to start, rather than just winging it when the time comes. Being prepared is always the best option when investing in something so important. If you are ready to discover some great insight, be sure to continue reading:
- Be Prepared. Thinking of the beautiful photos you will receive after your photoshoot will have you excited for your session. As soon as you step in front of the camera, it’s up to you to deliver the emotion and poses that will make your portraits meaningful. Take some time to prepare yourself to be the subject of your portraits, to really step in and deliver great material. By practicing at home in front of a mirror, whether it be by showcasing poses or your great smile, you can have confidence in front of the camera.
- Bring Along More Than One Outfit. You never know how you will feel on the day of your photoshoot. As soon as you begin posing and smiling in your first outfit, you may feel as though you need a change. Whether your clothing becomes uncomfortable to move around in, or you just need a refreshing option, choosing to bring along a backup outfit will ensure that your photos showcase some diversity. In addition, having more than one outfit will provide you with the opportunity to highlight your personal style in more than one way, allowing you to present diverse images.
- Appreciate Your Local Settings. Finding a location for your portraits can be one of your most challenging tasks. There are many details to consider when choosing your setting, such as foot traffic, lighting, time of day, available space, and more. Don’t underestimate your local areas. There are plenty of stunning locations in your area that can offer you everything you are hoping for. From a park that you like to frequent, a lovely riverfront, or even right in the heart of the city, you can present a beautiful background for your portraits.
- Invest in a Stylist. Makeup and hair styles can greatly influence your sense of style. If you feel there was something amiss that could have been perfect but wasn’t, you could be disappointed with all of your photos. So, you should certainly consider investing in a stylist before your portrait session. This will help you feel confident and allow you to glow with pride in front of the camera. Who doesn’t deserve a little pampering before a photoshoot? And, it is said that if you look good, you feel good!
- Choose Props to Add Personalization. What hobbies do you enjoy taking part in? Whether it be playing an instrument or taking your dog to the park, know that props will add a great deal of personalization to your photos. You can do so by brining along your instrument, such as a guitar. Or, have your furry friend tag along with their favorite tennis ball or frisbee. After all, your images deserve to showcase what you enjoy in life.
With these tips, you can plan your perfect portrait photoshoot. You can even walk into your session with the utmost confidence and assurance that your photos will be truly stunning. With a little planning, you will get the most out of your photos, and have a chance to really think about what you want to showcase throughout your portraits. Remember, it’s best to take the time to prepare a lovely photo session, than to wing it and be disappointed with your photos.